Thursday, November 5, 2009

To Forget

I wish to forget
The smell of Barista mochas
And kulhad wali chai
The turns of Connaught Place
And the long auto rides
The bells of Kali Bari
And the silence inside
The mosquito bites in the dark dark night
And the jump through the gates
And crashing delights


I wish to forget
And I shall start forgetting
little by little
Like I forgot your smile
The one with the twinkles
Like I forgot your phrases
Till someone did something incorrigible
Like I forgot the words on the small piece of tissue paper
That had all your wishes noted down
Like I forgot the prophesy of the astrologer
Who made me a mother
Like I forgot that your favourite song
Was mine too
I shall forget
I shall forget soon
Just the way
You forgot me

4 comments:

  1. the struggle to lock the cupboard of memories is a never-ending one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Naween: i don't know why we still try to lock it though!

    @wickedwitch: well thank you! though i don't know who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice !! The more u try 2 4get...the more u remem !

    ReplyDelete