Thursday, July 8, 2010

As I sit down to pen my thoughts
i miss the ink spots
and smudges on my fingertips
as i chew on the fleeting,
elusive line that would explain
what i am feeling.

They are like the friends we make,
who are but a memory
from that part of us, which exists
but is lost
in the present tense
while habits have taken control
of our routine day and night role.

I search for that name
in the contact list of my cell phone
the one i want to talk with
is now long gone…
erased from the memory
of the sim and the phone
and i lie here
hoping she would hear
and we could talk in our dreams
where time stands still
with no call waiting.

3 comments:

  1. a cupboard full of memories
    that cannot be opened
    for fear of drowning
    in an avalanche of tears
    but there's a smile hidden
    somewhere in that heap
    and for that sliver of sunshine
    i'd cry a thousand times over

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d cry a thousand times over
    as i know it is worth it all
    for the one I hold dear
    the only one
    who could make my dreary days
    shine
    by just their fleeting thought…
    yet the key is hidden
    and the cupboard is locked
    as the tears would drown
    not just me
    but a thousand more

    ReplyDelete
  3. but it's so funny
    the fact that i know
    there's a key to my happiness
    something that would wipe
    all my tears
    and yet
    i've hidden it among
    everything that makes me sad

    ReplyDelete