Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Four, not a bad score

So who was it? Did he say it or did you pop the question?
One of the most common question that has been thrown at me. Who proposed whom?

And every time there is this awkward pause. How do you explain to anyone that neither of us really proposed. It was just a moment and we knew.


We gave no gifts

We made no speech
No letters shared
No words were there
He held my glance
i held that stare
Our hearts just knew
The love was there...

So unlike most people we don't exactly have a "day". But we picked up one that made some sense. I was in love, he fell in love too.


Love was in the air

It was so rare
The first i was
to breathe it in
He saw me breathe
He saw me live
i fell in love
he fell in love with me...

Some people come to meet him to find out what really clicks for me. I don't know what they analyse and conclude. I have never found a reason, a WHY that would explain it all.


It was not the laugh

[for sure]

or the loud voice
[Give me some cotton for my ears!]

Could it be the BIG sounding words
or the face of Pooh the BIG bear?
[may be... may be not...]

The (mock) seriousness about everything
Or the tension filled eyes?
[breathe in, breathe out
the world will live another day]
Never found a reason
Never found my WHY

And so after 4 years of our so called official "date", i sit and wonder, where would i be if i had decided on taking a flight & missed our bus ride? Would i be the same? What would have changed?

Life changes

every other day
i am not the one i was
you are not the one you were


and yet i feel something
something insane
when you don't take my call
when you travel away for your work
when i wake up
and don't find your face
nestled in my arms

And so i say

four years from that day
i know not why
i know not how
but i love you
and i'll always do

3 comments:

  1. I loved this one :)
    If you had taken a flight, maybe he would have joined you there too. Fate cooks up interesting ways of bringing people together!
    And yes, many happy returns of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Naween: Yeah. True that. And thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Nia. :) :P I really like the last two.

    ReplyDelete