Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And she left

She would mumble in her sleep
and in her wakefulness
sometimes with anger
at others, uncomprehending emotions

Her fear for an enemy unknown...

Someone or maybe something
from the distant past
would haunt her
and it would haunt all of us 
when she screamed
"They are coming to kill us! Don't leave me alone!"


Who were they?
From where would they come?
Will they come today?
Today, when the day was misty
and sun rays felt like a mother's arms
While a light wind blew
and the roads were calm.


How do i tell her
the one who gave me birth
that she needs to go
to wash her hands
after she spilled her food
when they were coming
the ones i could not see
or hear their words...

How do i tell the world
that i am tired of taking care
and now would love
to be the one taken care of?

Will i be forgiven for wishing
for my release
when i asked to be freed of her?
Would my care be questioned
or will my sigh of relief
be understood for what it was?
or was not?

How much did i love her?
Oh yes I loved her
But could not take her pain away
I saw her decay slowly
like a prisoner in her body's cage
Till the final breath had left her...

Left her
and left me to myself
as the night seemed to fade...

3 comments: