Sunday, November 7, 2010

M&A 6

A sip of well-made coffee always makes me happy. Coffee & conversations, is what has been doing the rounds of a lot of discussion. So, I thought why not try that.

"I think I should walk up to him and ask him, if he would come and have coffee with me in the canteen. What say?". I looked expectantly at my friend to give me an enthusiastic go ahead. But what ensued was a barrage of questions to break my superbly positive spirit down.


"Have you ever spoken to him?". "No"


"Does he know your name?" "No"


"Do you have common friends?" "No"


"How will you start the conversation?" "I will say hi, lets have coffee...no..ermm..sounds a little off, does it?" Damn!


Then she gave me that look of really now, stop-getting-desperate-it-is-just-another-guy-now look. Or at least come up with a better starting line. So I am stuck with good coffee, yet to be brewed into our conversation. Some day.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way 'coffee' plays one of the main characters of this essay. Sorry for digressing, but five years back, i thought conversation over coffee was over-rated. Now the coffee has grown beyond its role of a conversation catalyst.

    ReplyDelete