Saturday, November 6, 2010

M&A 5

Hours in front of the mirror I would stand. Literally.

Should I keep my bangs on the right side or the left? Should I tie it up in a pony or should I just hold a few locks lightly, while letting the rest of the hair free? Is the blue kajal higlighting my eyes or should I make them dark with black? Is this top making me look fat or hiding those mean-never-leaving-my-sides flabs? Should I apply the muted peach on my lips or the bright and vibrant pink and red? I change the colour of my nail polish. Thrice. 


The quest for that perfect look. Every day.


Now when I think about it, I never really noticed what he wore. Not his shoes, his shirts or anything. But I would be dressed up and hoping he would compliment me, or rather notice the pains I took to look my best. Even though unlike the really awesome women like my roomie, my lipstick would hardly stay a few hours (I am exaggerating, hardly an hour!), my hair would be in disarray and as a rule my nail polish would smudge.


So, I shouldn't really bother. And he should notice me, not how I look. Right.


Let me run now. I need to get ready. I am meeting him in another 3 hours! Now what should i wear???

4 comments:

  1. And I love the person who does this :)
    Its admirable how the author observes herself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Divz: i know!!! :P

    @Faiz: go die! :D You are more than this. remember the self pics you took in MICA and made collages... now you cant put make-up but you do check yourself out! :P :P

    @Utsav: mwaah!the author also observes you...minutely ;)

    ReplyDelete